After deciding on a 9-day road trip through the Dolomites, we set out to gather as much information as possible before visiting. This is the first place where we found it quite challenging to get good advice on the overall details of the trip, so I wanted to share all of the knowledge we gathered and learned firsthand. This may be my most lengthy blog post to date and it covers almost every aspect of traveling to the Dolomites.
路跳闸in the Dolomites is certainly the best way to see the area as it is the most accessible by car. Having a car affords you the opportunity to explore limitlessly, so I highly recommend it. Take a peek at my ultimate Dolomites road trip guide.
How to Get to the Dolomites
我们选择飞入意大利威尼斯，因为我们希望我们的车回到同一个地方（定价最佳选择）。本质上讲，我们确实Dolomites周围一个大圈。You can fly into major airports like Milan, Verona, or even into Innsbruck, Austria pending on what part of the Dolomites you want to spend time in. Flying into Venice is the shortest amount of time for driving if you’re starting on the Cortina d’Ampezzo side of the Dolomites (Tre Cime di Lavaredo) like we were.
Renting a car for the Dolomites
我们与合作Hertz Europefor this trip to rent our car for the road trip. Picking up our car in Venice when we landed was really easy as the rental car pick up is right in the terminal. We took the “Super Coverage” for our trip and am really thankful we did after driving for the nine days as it gave us a clear mind. I’d recommend booking your car directly withHertz Europe以确保您的预订。需要有一点要注意，在意大利，国际驾驶许可证 - AAA是那里你可以得到一个在美国。这是至关重要的，如果你得到拉了过来。
Driving in the Dolomites
We’ve driven before in Italy so we were not foreign to the often fast Italian drivers. Be comfortable with roundabouts, other cars passing you on single-lane roads, and always have a look at the signs. There are some tolls on the routes, which you can pay in either cash or card. Most signage is in Italian or German, so be prepared to have to translate some parking signs into English.
What to Know Before Visiting the Dolomites
Here are a few good things to note:
- A few of the smaller roads will close down for winter seasons, so best not to visit in midst of winter if you don’t have to.
- You could spend anywhere from 1-2 weeks here, pending on what you want to do and see.
- Pack layers — weather changes fast here. We went on a hike wherein one moment it was sunny, then thundering rain, to fog so thick we couldn’t see, and then clear again.
Where to Stay in the Dolomites
当谈到白云石，有一吨的供到哪里留的选择 - 这完全取决于你想看到和做什么。我们不想改变酒店经常使我们分裂我们的时间到双方在科尔yabo88官网蒂纳丹佩佐3晚和4晚奥蒂塞伊（和一个最后一晚在维罗纳）。我们是我们如何分配我们的时间和唯一的变化将是一个晚上加在阿尔卑斯休斯山，所以我们可以访问日落/日出摄影的路上真的很开心。
Where to Stay in Cortina d’ Ampezzo
其他方面考虑住在附近: Misurina, a night in the Lago di Braies area.
Where to Stay in Ortisei
我们订了一个制作的Airbnb为我们的四晚只是在山的一侧，并用具有一个厨房和一个大的空间回来真的很高兴 - 有Airbnb住宿相当多的选择，但必须提前预订。对于阿尔卑斯休斯山一晚，阿德勒Lodge Hotel酒店是一个梦想，在奥蒂塞伊镇，我建议其他Adler Spa Resort。
其他方面考虑住在附近: Val Gardena area, Badia, Castelrotto, Chiusa, or a night in St. Maddalena.
Where We Went in the Dolomites
I’m going to split this into two sections, where we went from Cortina d’Ampezzo and where we went from Ortisei. In each point of interest, I’ll also mention where we dined and any other notes of interest.
The ski village of Cortina d’Ampezzo is a great base as there is a ton of restaurants and it’s quite charming. One exceptional experience we had was ourtwo lunches在SanBrite。这是类似于您将在主厨餐桌和他们带来的当地食材板是美丽激情看的用餐体验。我建议你在这儿吃至少一次，也是在他们的第二家餐厅叫Agriturismo酒店萨尔瓦多布里特德Larieto。对于休闲食品，我们在城里吃饭的La Tavernetta的两倍，我们喜欢的比萨！
- 徒步1至CADINI峰组（pictured here）: I had seen the photos of this shot on Instagram and was amazed by how high the peaks are, so we set out to find it. The first time we were unsuccessful as the fog covered the peaks so we walked the wrong direction. The peaks are just in front of where you park. Don’t follow signs for the rifugios, just go right out and follow the one-way trail there. If you can’t find it, just show the photo to someone there and they’ll point you in the direction. It takes about 40 minutes to hike there and sunrise is beautiful here.
- Hike 2 to the three peaks:This is the main hike that everyone does and it’s in the direction of Rifugio Lavaredo. The first part is really flat (you’ll see everyone going there, all the tour bus groups) and you can stop at the church or keep ascending for incredible views. You could circle around Tre Cime and make your way all the way around. There are two other rifugios along the loop that you can visit for a rest or snack. We stopped at the viewpoint and made our way back as we had done the other half the day before.
It’s a beautiful place tocatch the sunrise我强烈建议来这里了几个小时。它可以变得拥挤，因此一定要提前到达，工资在很多湖附近停车。您可以租用小船月至九月下旬从上午10点至下午5点为15.00€30分钟和25.00€1小时。
最近，我们的主要道路科尔蒂纳丹佩佐，我们停在午餐和饮料上跌跌撞撞通过Latteria滓西姆。这是一个本地乳品厂，他们有奶酪板和一吨的本地产品 - 这是完美的进站。
Lago di Sorapis
这是我们的最具挑战性和奖励加息。我们出现了令人难以置信的毫无准备，并没有时间合适的量，导致在黑暗的森林一小时的长途跋涉回（不推荐）。所以第一关，让自己适当的时间量 - 从停车位置儿子Zuogo，这是一个很好4小时往返没有停止。这条古道是具有挑战性的跟随，所以一定要遵循标记。总是有一吨踏青的，所以问你是否需要帮助。上升沿上没有栏杆的悬崖边一个非常陡峭的道路去，虽然有电缆挂到。这是一个努力，但这个湖是最美丽的地方，我见过一个。
This is where we were based so we popped into town for a few meals and for grocery shopping. We ate at Cascade Pizzeria twice when we were in town. There’s not a ton going on during the off season, but I’d imagine it gets quite busy during peak months.
我们花了整个下午的时间探索的Val di Funes的车程，这是我们的最爱的地区之一，尤其是对于摄影。这是令人难以置信的美丽，我们在Ranui教堂停在标志性的圣约翰。之后，我们抓住了夕阳的从山谷和圣诞老人马达莱娜著名把风这里。我们加盖了当晚在Waldschenke山谷里的美味的晚餐，在这里我们有一些当地的美食。
Our favorite place we saw in the entire Dolomite region was Seceda. We spent the entire day on the mountain soaking in the views and hiking around. To get to the top, you take the gondola from Ortisei town (it’s 30€ per person roundtrip and runs from 8:3-5:30 from June 2 -October 14, dates may change). We had lunch at Baita Troier on the mountain, hiked to Malga Pieralongia Alm hut to see the free-roaming donkeys, and then returned back to the gondola.
Alpe di Siusi
If there is one place not to miss, it’s Alpe di Siusi. It’s the largest alpine meadow in Europe and breathtaking. It can be confusing on how to visit as the roads are closed for the public unless staying at a hotel or arriving before 9 am or after 5 pm to the parking lots inCompatsch。This blog post (coming soon) will share all of the exact details on how to visit this area and the other components of parking or taking the gondola up. The easiest access is the gondola ride from Ortisei.
We spent most of the day hiking around the valley and out to Malga Sanon for an incredible breakfast with the best views. Afterwards, we hiked back to the parking lot and soaked in the scenes along the way. On our way back to Ortisei, we stopped and had lunch at a beautiful farm/hotel calledLafogl。
Lago di Carezza
我们有一个更自由的下午，所以我们采取的风景路线看拉戈迪Carezza令人难以置信的颜色。一路上，我们在美丽的空间共进晚餐意大利餐厅Hennenstall用于填充午餐。后来，我们去湖边四处走了走，享受美景。有一些已经跃过篱笆 - 因为你可能会看到有一吨IG帖子这是要注意的是你不能真正走在水边重要。