When I think of other places I could live,Paris comes to mind almost immediately.It has a charm about it — whether it's views over the Seine or getting endlessly lost inLe Maraisamongst boutiques and cafes.
Recently,I've found myself looking for a few new places to add to the rotation in addition to the iconic places like the Louvre,and dining at the historic spots like Cafe Flores.
Take a look at my alternative guide to Paris.
Seen the Louvre?Try…
- Musee National Gustave-Moreau: A museum centered around the life and works of Symbolist painter,Gustave Moreau.
- Palais de Tokyo:a few rooms to visit,this modern museum offers experimental art and a wonderful cafe.
- Villa Savoye: For the architect-lovers,this Corbusier house is located on the outskirts of the city.
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs: A museum right next to the Louvre dedicated to the ins and outs of fashion and design.
A few shops to check out:
- Merci:Redefining the department store,this multi-level destination offers the best of in local designers and more.
- Marche aux Puces de Saint Ouen:A grand flea market ripe for the picking.
Eat here in Paris:
- La Fontaine de Belleville:A traditional brasserie for a quick bite.
- Au Passage:A choice of small or large plates,this hard-to-get-a-reservation restaurant brings a lot to the table.Creativity and French ingredients are staples of the chalkboard menu.
- Les Cocottes: After eating here,它会旋转。Each dish is made in a cast-iron — it seems whatever Christian Constant touches turns to gold.
- Holy Belly:One of the best brunch spots in Le Marais.
- Clamato:Seafood done exceptionally well.
- L'Eclair de Genie:The modern take on eclairs packed with flavor.
- David Toutaine:French food done with a modern twist — be sure to splurge on the truffle menu.
Take a drink at these spots:
- Septime Cave:A beautiful wine bar with charcuterie boards galore.
- 坎德拉里亚：Cocktail bar and a Mexican restaurant blended with a lot of flavor.
- La Buvette: A tiny wine bar in with a fine collection.
- Telescope,Boot Cafe,Loustic,Merci Cafe,and Fragmentsare the go-to coffee spots.
- Le Mary Celeste:A very happening bar with a fresh menu serving small plates to share.
- La Rooftop Lounge at Shangri-La (open 4pm- 11:30 pm):Grab a glass of wine and take in the view.
- Parc des Buttes Chaumont: On one of the highest hills in the city,the views are stunning from here.
- Printemps: The shopping mall boasts great views over the sprawling city (P.S.it's free).
Seen the Jardin du Luxembourg?Try these gardens:
- Gardens at Albert Kahn
- Parc de Bagatelle
- Parc Monceau
- Places des Vosges
- Les Serres d'Auteuil
- Jardin Saint-Gilles-Grand Veneur